Enchanted guest #5 say hi to Barbara from Hampton Hostess!

Good morning! I am barely standing after last night but more on that tomorrow, So happy to be here with  yet another very talented tastemaker, Enchanted guest #5......Say hi to Barbara from the elegant blog, Hampton Hostess. Barbara has quite a treat for you today so sit back and relax and take in all the beauty. If you aren't already familiar with Hampton Hostess you must make a stop today, it is that great!!. Barbara has superb taste and always has a knack for presenting things  exquisitely  on whatever she might be talking about. Her interests are varied which makes for an always interesting blog post!  Barbara's blog is a must visit for me and I  know it will be for you too! This post, Deck the Halls, was beautifully put together and I so hope you enjoy it! Barbara, this is that kind of post that is surely worth saving for future inspiration (I know I am for my new house next Christmas)! Her home is the picture of elegance and refined holiday cheer so you are in for a major treat today! Thank you Barbara and take it away.....



Welcome and a big thank you to Tina for inviting me to guest post for The Enchanted Home today. Since I'll be out of town for Christmas this year, I was thrilled to have an excuse to pull out my boxes of ornaments and Deck the Halls at home. A bundle of boxwood and a few yards of candy striped ribbon later, I created a festive Christmas tablescape and a fun holiday bar complete with a themed Mistletoe mojito. The only thing missing? A little company to share it all with. So I invited a few friends over for an impromptu holiday celebration-so glad you could join me too!
  The sweet red and green floral tablecloth sets the tone for the rest of the table.
  I I spent the morning making adorable miniature boxwood trees with some friends-the perfect centerpiece for my Christmas tablescape today.
My boxwood tree is all dressed up with a fun candy stripe ribbon and little lady apples. 
Green voile napkins compliment the tablecloth and the cherry red chargers add a little glamour
  The red and green table is traditional but fun with pretty pinecones, hand painted ornaments and lots of greens. 
Don't forget the placecards!
I like to layer colors and textures. My boxwood tree sat on a cake stand which added height to the table and left room for me to add some pine and holly underneath.
 I bought the paper mache ornaments at a church bazaar outside London 20 years ago. I love to take them out and reminisce about the great time we had on that trip.
Use candles everywhere-from unscented votives on the dining table to pretty glass vases filled with berries and holly around the home
 Your table setting doesn't have to be complicated or expensive. I went outside and grabbed a few pinecones from our spruce tree-paired with a red grosgrain ribbon they're bright and cheery.
This faux giant clamshell is used as a decorative element all year long. With flowering paperwhites and white pointsettas it looks fresh and glamorous on the side buffet in the dining room.
 I set up the bar on a side table and created a festive and welcoming scene with sophisticated plaid cocktail napkins and a pretty poinsettia. I like to leave glasses and beverages out on a silver tray so guests can serve themselves. It isn't a party without a little champagne!
A signature cocktail always makes the evening festive. I mixed up a Mistletoe Mojito made with fresh cranberries and rum-doesn't it look delicious?
I have so many boxes of ornaments (I love to buy new ones when we travel) and some don't make it on the tree so I decided to fill a large glass bowl with the extras-the more the merrier!
Even a cluster of candy canes make a fun little vignette!


I had a fantastic time guest posting today Tina. Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy Holiday season and a fabulous 2012!



Wow, spectacular don't you think? Doesn't get any prettier..... I would love to be a guest in your home anytime Barbara! A mistletoe Mojito? That sounds amazing and all of your decor is just sensational...love the mini boxwood tree and what you did with the floating candle in the hurricane, and it is amazing how a simple thing like candy canes can be made with the right objects to create such a beautiful vignette. You certainly are an elegant hostess and many thanks again for being my enchanted guest today. Hope you all enjoyed it. If you want to see more of Barbara's beautiful taste and creativity at work, please visit her at  Hampton Hostess by clicking here.
Wishing you all a peaceful, happy and chaos free day! Jingle jingle:)




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment