Highlights of a short road trip.....

Hi there......As many of you know my much anticipated southern road trip did not happen. Something came up on my sisters end that did not allow us to adhere to the planned out schedule and by the time we could it was too late, the window had narrowed and we didn't enough time to do all we had set out to do. However, lest you be feeling sorry for me....this is not by an means, a done deal. Oh, we are going to go, that much you can be sure about...when I am not sure, but hopefully sometime in the fall. And maybe all is not lost as many have suggested, the weather will be a lot more pleasant, so...... to be continued!


We decided to go to  Richmond, Williamsburg, Charlottesville and DC again. We covered a lot of territory in just four days I must say!  All places I have been before but that never get old. I so enjoyed taking tours of various beautiful old southern neighborhoods, exploring tons of great shops and antique stores, meeting people along the way and having a bunch of great meals (and a few not so great for good measure lol)! I must say, there really is something to be said for these beautiful places.....wonderful people, a great quality of life, a life a bit less hurried than where I am from (DC is not included in this statement) and I enjoyed this little getaway immensely! So here is a photo recap of what we saw and did.....

Very picture heavy........... could take some time to go through!



 Beautiful charming Williamsburg......



Fell in love with the monogrammed insignia of William and Mary College!!









 Yes, my blue and white radar was on high alert!!






 Williamsburg is truly picture perfect......




 And then in Richmond.....

Visited the University of Richmond.....










And of course did the obligatory house tours...... (which most certainly did not disappoint)!











































Still with me? Let's keep going.....and in lovely Charlottesville......

Started with breakfast at this old timer diner/breakfast place....




Onto the uber pretty and charming pedestrian mall.....



 The entire area is surrounded by the most beautiful rolling hills......


 These two cute dudes caught my attention......


 A view of the rotunda at UVA never gets old.....

Loved the Williamsburg Signature shop......







 We had lunch at the famous Tobacco Company in Richmond, beautiful building with a lot of history and the food was excellent!! Highly recommend......









And some shopping highlights (of which there were many)......I mean what's a road trip without shopping! We hit just about every antique shop in Charlottesville and let me tell you there were many wonderful places worth a "revisit"!







 LOVE the Caspari store......


























 Thought this fabric would make great breakfast room chairs!





 Bought these for my guest room......


LOVED And George....(my sister said she felt like she was walking into my house when she walked in), great store indeed:)















Another gorgeous antique shop filled with old and new.....








UVA reminders are everywhere......

And a few of the beautiful goodies I came home with......
 These beauties are going in my main powder room, love love love them!


 Always on the prowl for beautiful covered silver dishes, after a good polish, this will be a beauty!
Seriously...how could I NOT buy these? They had my name all over them:)

And there is more but figured this is more than enough for now. Hope you enjoyed coming along with me on my little road trip. It was such fun. I really love those areas and will absolutely be back. If you are one of my readers that happens to live there....all I can say is lucky you!

Thanks so much for stopping in. Wishing you a wonderful Friday and great end to your week........

No comments:

Post a Comment