Midweek random musings......



 

Hi and good morning. Wow, its been actually chilly over here. Yesterday we woke up to a nippy 48 degrees! OK weather gods you can stop right there...no need to show us how low you can go. But in truth its kind of exciting to have worn my very first sweater of the season yesterday and get this.....boots!  How about you, feeling fall yet?

Moving along. Been a busy and productive week around here. I still cannot believe summer is over and in fact the cool crisp weather is indeed pushing its way in. No complaints from me other than its a reminder of how fast time flies. Hope your week is going well. As always a bunch of random thoughts here. Ready to get started? Let's go........


HOUSE. Not a whole lot going on this week but one exciting thing is that the loggia lanterns came in and are being put up today, so I am very happy about that.....have waited a long time! It will complete the space and the only other thing are to put 2 ceiling fans but obviously we can now wait until summer to take care of that.  Waiting on a big sample for the chinoiserie for my dining which is very exciting but a slooooow process. My first touch of fall was placing some white mums into a container, hey its a start!



A few readers wanted to see my lights that we put into the family room, so here they are. Thank you Currey and Co. for making such beauties! I have to say I had not even considered them, were going with Arte De Mexico but it was another grueling almost 3 month wait which we did not want to do then I found these and there they were all along...the perfect choice!






SOMETHING I REALLY WANT TO TRY. I LOVE apple crisp. And of course with the beautiful cooler weather moving in..its comfort food season (my fave). But it has to be just the right blend of a not too mushy apple, enough of the sugary goodness, just the perfect crisp, and this recipe promised to be all of those. What is better than a generous helping of warm apple crisp ala mode (of course)! So this is something I will be trying sooner than later, yum! Click here for the recipe which promises to be the best!

Any recipe that starts out like this, gets my attention......

Yes, I'm a fan of hyperbole. Yes, I realize that apple crisp in general is pretty delicious. But this - this was out of this world. Otherworldly. Ridonkulous. Addictive. I'll stop with the adjectives



GORGEOUS STATIONERY. Beautiful stationery.......I am always like a kid in a candy shop when I discover a new fabulous stationery line. There are not enough reasons in the world to have a party for the amount of gorgeous stationery that abounds. We got an invitiaion from this company and I was immediately enchanted, fit for a princess! Atelier Isebey is very special indeedy.....absolutely worth sharing and you know I am loving that first one (but the pink and gold is exquisite too)

Click here to visit Atelier Isebey...exquisite!

 A few more beauties....







 The details are so exquisite!


BLUE AND WHITE LOVE. And speaking of blue and white..... just in case you are wondering how to add a little blue and white love into your life...let me count the ways. No let me show you the ways. I made up this little board filled with a bunch of blue and white goodness...whether you wear it, sleep in it, decorate with it or talk on it...its always fabulous!












A WONDERFUL SKINCARE SURPRISE!! I love getting gifts in the mail and when I got this gorgeous box...it was almost too pretty to open. But of course I did and the products so far are fabulous... I will absolutely follow up with you on them once I have given them a few weeks. So far I can say they feel wonderful on my skin and the creator, wrote me a very kind email explaining the different products. No expense was spared in creating these wonderful creams and I am very exicted about starting this new skin care regimen! I think we are going to start hearing more about this line....its worth checking out! Will be sure to follow up with a "report" in a week or two......

I even love the name Avery Graham! Click here to visit them and find out more about this wonderful and very special line of skincare.







MY PINTEREST BOARDS. I am not boasting but I have to say I am really loving how  my boards are shaping up and now finally after all these months of so much talk about Pinterest, finally I "get it'. I am careful as to how much time I spend because if I could easily see,  morning easily turning to afternoon and then to evening......so as with all great things, in moderation (easier said than done).  I decided to highlight a board of mine every now and then. Here is what I am loving this week.....my "Dining rooms to die for" board. Here is a preview, if you want to see more click here.









Photobucket

SHOP NEWS. As always something good to talk about:) I am gearing up for the holidays slowly but surely and have some exciting things in the works.  The buzz words this last week has been the beautiful handbags, the stunning boxwood and a few new goodies on the horizon.....






 These items coming in.....
 Gorgeous crystal obelilsks, 21.5" x 4.5"...stunning!

 This fabulous tray also bought by Ralph himself has just come back in stock......

Gorgeous gallery tray, unique size 19.5" x 16"

Also dough bowls.....finally the new batch is coming, I have been waiting 6 long months! I am getting them in two batches, one coming in next week a small batch of the hard to find round bowls, and in about two weeks a bigger shipment of larger sizes. If you are interested in reserving one, email me...they go fast once they get here! (especially the round as they are hard to get)




 And some very sad news. The Staffordshire dog factory is closing:( This is such sad news as these cute doggies have been a top seller for me. So its whats left and that is it. I am looking for a new supplier but so far what I have found either the quality is subpar or the prices are much  higher.So if you have been thinking of purchasing these wonderful accessories, don't wait too long! Click here to see the porcelains....









As always if you want to purchase any of the above, contact me at theenchantedhome@gmail.com.


So that my dear readers is a wrap of whats happening so far this week,. I thank you for stopping in and hope you are well and having a great week. Be back on Friday and will announce the winner of the boxwood giveaway! If you haven't entered, click here to be eligible!  Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment